COVID-19 and Earth Sciences Department
Earth Sciences COVID-19 Operational Statement
In order to reduce the risk of exposure to students, staff, and faculty, and in response to the emergent COVID‐19 situation, the Earth Sciences office will have limited staffing for the coming weeks. Updates about university closures can be found here https://www.uoregon.edu/
During this period, office staff will continue to provide service remotely, unless University directives change. Email and phone messages will be checked regularly throughout the business day.
Please follow the guidelines below.
- Building doors are locked. Those with ID card permissions may still enter, but there is no public access. Deliveries can be made to the UO Campus Mail office, CPFM Warehouse/Shops building at 1295 Franklin Blvd, Building 130. For large deliveries, telephone 541.346.4573 to make arrangements.
- For questions about Winter 2020 final exams and Spring 2020 courses, please contact your instructor https://earthsciences.uoregon.edu/profiles/faculty/ or https://classes.uoregon.edu
- For University mental health support resources, please visit the Counseling Center website https://counseling.uoregon.edu/crisis‐support or call the health center crisis hot line 541‐346‐3227.
- For undergraduate‐related inquiries, please email Marla Trox at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For graduate‐related inquiries, please email Marla Trox at email@example.com
- For personnel‐related inquiries, please email Sandy Thoms at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Payroll‐related inquiries, please email Sandy Thoms at email@example.com
- For accounting, grant, or budget related inquiries, please email Dave Stemple at
- For Earth Sciences operations‐related inquiries, please email Josh Roering at
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.